Splash Out For A Great Cause at Singleton Gym and Swim!
Not everyone gets the chance to learn to swim. People with disabilities often require specially qualified instructors or accessible facilities. Your support will help us provide these so no one misses out.
This year’s YMCA Swimathon is extra special for the Singleton Gym and Swim. In June, Stage 2 of the Singleton Gym and Swim Upgrade is due to be complete, meaning we will soon be the home of a brand new, purpose built hydrotherapy pool for rehabilitation and learn to swim. This will be the first, and only pool of its kind in the Upper Hunter and will allow us to offer a much needed health facility.
We want to ensure everyone has access to enjoy our new hydrotherapy pool and the opportunity to experience how fun it is to swim and enjoy the water. We want to support more people with disabilities in our community to learn to swim and be confident and safe around water, by offering programs such as SwimAbility.
Here at Singleton Gym and Swim we want to raise $15,000 to ensure we have specially qualified swimming instructors, can offer FREE swimming lessons to swimmers with disabilities, and can offer our accessibility friendly facilities.
How your donation helps:
• $20 can provide one swimming lesson for a child with a disability
• $60 can purchase a neck flotation collar for a child with a disability
• $250 can provide training and qualifications for swim instructors to teach learners with disabilities
• $300 can purchase 2 weeks of intensive swimming lessons for a child with a disability
• $500 can purchase a float suit
• $2000 can purchase a water wheelchair
Come along to the centre on Sunday 28 February and bring the whole family for a fun day out. There will be loads of fun family activities!
If swimming isn’t for you, that’s okay. We’re planning a range of activities, so ask in centre about how else you can support or get involved.
See you in the pool!